What do we collect?
The personal details collected are dependent on the service you want. In some areas it may just mean entering your name and email address; however other online forms may need more details to ensure all the right elements of your service request can be dealt with.
There are various reasons why we need to collect personal data. For example, we may need to ask for your contact details for correspondence purposes. Similarly, we may need information in order to fulfill our statutory obligations and regulatory responsibilities.
This website uses Google Analytics to monitor website usage and performance. However, this data is logged anonymously, and IP Addresses are not recorded.
How do we use your information?
We aim only to collect the information necessary for what we do. We aim to comply with the principles of The Data Protection Act 2018.
- We collect and process personal data about you in order to:
- Deliver support services
- Manage the services we provide
- Train and manage the employment of our staff who deliver those services
- Help investigate any enquiries or complaints you make about our services
- Keep track of spending on services
- Check the quality of services
- For research and planning of new services
How does the law allow us to use your information?
There are a number of legal reasons why we need to collect and use your personal data. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
- It is required by law
- You, or your legal representative, have given consent
- You have entered into a contract with us
- It is necessary to perform our statutory duties
- It is necessary to protect someone in an emergency
- It is necessary for employment purposes
- You have made your information publicly available
- It is necessary for legal cases
- It is to the benefit of society as a whole
- It is necessary to protect public health
- It is necessary for archiving, research, or statistical purposes
How long will we keep your information?
Information from you will be retained until it is no longer needed and/or until the retention period has been reached.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. We ask that you give us accurate information, and that you tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
How safe is your information?
We protect your information using technical and organisational security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
How to contact us
How to make a complaint regarding Data Protection?
If you have completed the internal complaints process and are still not satisfied you may complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk